Friday, July 20, 2007

Yo, Commish! Get With The Program!

Baseball commissioner Bud Selig decides to show up in Milwaukee to watch Barry Bonds chase the home run record, because it's "the right thing to do," according to an article on mlb.com. Selig has been weaseling around this subject for months. The right thing to do?

So, you have a day job, do you Mr. Commish? So do I. I took the day off to see the All-Star game. I also took a week and a half off so my wife could deliver a baby and bring him home. I've flown all over two countries to watch otherwise meaningless games. Business travel not a part of your day job? You're not promoting the breaking of the single most revered record in all of sports? You are commissioner, aren't you?

"This is a big game and I understand all the history," said Selig, who hails from Milwaukee and owned the Brewers in the waning days of Aaron's career. "I don't want to be trite about it. In fact, I'm glad to be here."



Trite? That's all you've been. A commissioner who understands baseball, is a big fan, who used to own the team that Aaron played for should say nothing other than, "Damned right I want to be there. I'm going to try everything I can to be there." But you didn't. You need a different day job.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sigmundson said...

He should run for political office! He has shown his qualifications for waffling and obfuscation wonderfully over the past number of months over this thing. It is a joke. Or should I say, He is a joke? That wouldn't be very nice though... I guess it would be ok to say that he has been behaving in a manner that is a joke! Nothing like displaying the finer points of American leadership to the watching world - and make no mistake about it, many countries are watching this whole thing!
Screw him! Let's enjoy it for what it is and leave the politics to flounder in its own absurdity.

:-)

1:54 AM, July 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoken like true Giant fans who believe Barry is steroid free and that his big head is due to his ego. Come to think of it, you may have a point--oops! There I go talking about his head again.

With Love (for the A's),

Cathy C.

6:50 PM, July 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home