Sunday, December 26, 2010

Most Memorable Game of 2010

I saw MLB Network's list of most memorable games in 2010.  There were quite a few games at Coors Field that were see-saw battles that ended 12-11 or some such thing.  Halladay's no-hitter in the NLDS was also on the list.  But the game they listed as number one was game 6 of the NLCS between the Giants and Phillies.  It truly was a great game - not only because of the outcome, hehehe - but the way it all came down.  Starter Johnathan Sanchez was chased in the 3rd after a shaky outing.  His exit - hitting Chase Utley with a pitch - ended in a bench clearing incident.  Great ball was played by both teams, each turning a memorable double play.  The Giants pen pitched 7 innings of scoreless relief, while Juan Uribe hit the go ahead homer in the 8th inning.  Wilson's ninth came nearly unglued until he caught Ryan Howard looking for the last pitch of the NL season.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Hi Steve,

I am in agreement, game 6 of the NLCS was one of the best games I have ever watched. Most of the game I was either on the edge of the sofa or standing. Every emotion flowed through me. Within a few minutes I went from tears of gloom and doom to tears of joy and excitement. If I was a nail biter, I would have chewed my nails down to the first knuckle.

8:08 AM, December 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home